Search This Blog

Thursday, February 21, 2008

An apple a day keeps the doctor away


An yellow apple is a gift to our eyes




A red apple on display



I think everybody really like apples. They are really attractive with their shiny and smooth skin with different colors such as red, green, yellow or a combination. The flesh is either white or ivory. They are rich in fiber, vitamin C and potassium but low in sodium and almost fat-free. The native homes of the apple are definitely not known, but the trees should have originated probably in the area between Caspian sea and the Black seas. As from my opinion the best place to store apples are the refrigerators. The sliced or half-cut apples remains white longer if they are placed in a bowl of water with two tablespoons of lime juice in it. Eating these fleshy apples regularly would really keep us healthy. A newly published scientific review reports that by eating more fiber and phytonutrients rich fruits and vegetables including flavonoids found most abundantly in apples may reduce the risk of developing digestive or "gut" cancers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very useful and nice

Anonymous said...

My daughter likes apple,and ur rceipe is very useful for me. dhivya

OscarDelRosario said...

I like the pictures especially the yellow apple. I'll use it in my blog and tell them that I got it here.

Nice blog :)

OscarDelRosario said...

I like the pictures especially the yellow apple. I'll use it in my blog and tell them that I got it here.

Nice blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...