Badam(Almonds) - 1 cup;
Sugar - 1 cup;
Kesari colour - a pinch;
Ghee - 1/2 cup;
Saffron - little;
Milk- 1/2 cup.
- Soak the almonds in a hot water.
- Remove the skin, add the milk and grind into a fine paste.
- Add little water to the sugar and mix and prepare a sugar syrup in a kadai (prepare the sugar syrup into a single line consistency)
- Then add the almond paste, stir the contents well, till it becomes thick,
- Add the kesari colour and the saffron soaked in a little milk, and mix well.
- When the mixture starts to stick into the kadai, add the ghee little by little and stir well.
- When it reaches the halwa consistency, switch off the stove.
- Badam Halwa is ready
Directly add the sugar to the badam paste, and cook the contents in a kadai. Add the ghee when it starts to stick on the kadai. (Actually this method consumes more ghee). I usualluy prefer this method because, this is very tasty then the other one.